Witchcraft is not …
- evil, though that is your opinion.
- strictly Wicca, though Wicca is semi-witchy.
- Pagan, though it depends on the practitioner.
- for anyone. Seriously, it’s not.
- just spells and potions, obviously.
- “bad”, though that is also your opinion.
- of the Devil.
- anti-Christian. There are Christian Witches, peoples.
Magick is not …
- something you should be paid for/pay for.
- lickety-split, though it depends on the person.
- all rainbows and sunshine.
- a full ritual, unless you want it to be.
- elaborate, unless you want it to be.
Not at all Witches …
- are Goth.
- are Pagan.
- are Wiccan.
- have a ‘darker’ nature and personality to them.
- can cast spells.
- can tell fortunes.
- can predict the future.
- are good with herbs.
- have a familiar.
- can work with crystals.
- can read crystal balls.
- have pointy noses.
- wear pointy hats.
- ride brooms.
- perform rituals and other ceremonies in accordance to the moon and seasons.
And so on and so forth. Add to this, if you dare.
…why shouldn’t you be paid for doing magic for someone?
^^^^ This. Really? You shouldn’t be paid? Fuck that.
Have you ever done a spell for someone else? Had to purify their house? Cast a love spell? Bless their home? Curse someone for them? Not only do materials cost but the time and energy you put into it is worth something.
Those who offer their witchcraft as a service damn well do deserve to be paid. It’s an art and not everyone can do it. Not everyone wants to do it. If they want revenge on an ex-lover and have found a witch willing to hex that ex, why shouldn’t that witch be paid for their time and materials? I should offer my time, effort, and hard work to someone just because they ask?
Fuck that shit. Don’t shame those of use who perform a service for our community and ask for compensation. I don’t work for anyone for free unless I damn well want to.
LOL. I love when others throw things out of proportion. Don’t be reblogging my shit then, assholes, and come say what you want to my face. I dare you. :)
Really? A dare? How childish.
All I’m saying is that there are witches who charge and barter for their craft. You shouldn’t be shaming those who do it.