(I told ginandjack I would post this. So I am.)
- They get drunk. Often. And, in turn, so will you.
- They always have booze. Always.
- Always up for a drinking party. Or turning a pity-party into a drinking party.
- They care not for your shame. No, really, they don’t. Dionysian=no shame.
- Egotistical bastards. Wonderfully so.
- They are the sassy gay friend. Even if they aren’t gay.
- Can charm anyone into damn near anything. Even the police officer threatening to arrest you for being drunk in public.
- They understand. They just fucking do. Probably have been there and done that thing you just described. Or they want to. Or they know someone who has/is/will do that thing.
- They may judge you but will do so only based on you. Not based on the genre you fit into, the country you’re from, or who you fuck.
- Sex is just another topic of conversation. All the time, every time. Every type of sex ever. In graphic detail. Be prepared for a great deal of anal. (Also, I’m totally assuming sex with any Dionysian would be awesome. They’re Dionysians. But that’s a different kind of friendship.)
- Best. Fucking. Parties.
- They can be mad, silly, ridiculously, and brutally honest - they can break you out of your shell and make you dance and sing in the street without a bloody care in the world.
- They can be a cruel bitch and shove reality and truth in your face when you want to run away and hide.
- Advice from a perspective you’d never imagine.
- You have a alcohol guru on hand all the time. Just a text away.
- Know all the bartenders and bars within a mile radius at any given time.
- Likely to get discounts that totally don’t exist or exist for just them at bars.
- When a Dionysian says you’re drunk, you are, in fact, drunk. Take their professional word for it.
- They will know the best drinks to fit your mood and what drink you’re talking about when you describe that time when you were totally drunk and had a totally awesome drink that you totally don’t remember.
- Best drinking buddies, hands down.
- Wild, mad, fucking crazy. The best friend one could ask for.
(Obviously, these are based on the Dionysians I know but I think they ring pretty damn true.)
Bringing this back. This post got me so many new followers. And I just love this post. It’s pretty accurate.