Answering IC. Character in question is Cassie (hey, yeah, I picked a story) and watch for his accent. It’s… odd. This is mostly to get Cassie’s language pattern up to speed because damn it’s hard.
Dumping it all behind a read more because it is LONG.
1. What about you is heroic?
“Ah’m not? Ah’m just a healer. Me cousin saved the village once from a bear. The fool took it upon himself to take a spear to the beast while it slept. Made a hero of himself and got his own song. Of course, the song says nothing about the lashing his wife gave him for being dense.”
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
“Ah think part of the reason ah get on so well with folk is because ah’m a healer. Ah spend large amounts of me time healing, helping me clan around the village, or riding out to the mining town nearby.
“Folks all have stories to tell. Fascinating stories. Coastlanders, Southerns, the Lakers, all fascinating folks. They all their news from Europa with their progress, fine machinery and great religion. Well, their religion is a little scary too - what with their burning of witches and all. The Peoples trade with us and are tolerate of us - they’re still angry from being forced west, after all. Entirely understandable, of course. And…. For the Oak’s sake, what was ah saying?
“Oh yes, folks. Ah like them quite a bit for a lot of reasons.”
3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group?
He smiles gently, “Well, these Coastlanders have such a funny way of doing things. Marlowe may be a skilled carpenter but a poor hand in the kitchen. In exchange for me passage ah would use me knowledge of plants to forage food and cook, besides help minding the horses and children.The children are good, pretty and bright. City folk and so wary of the wild. Ah think me presence calms them down.”
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
“Do ah have to answer this question? Ah think ah can help than and ah don’t wish to return home. Ah would not like to say any more than that.”
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake (as opposed to just tagging along)?
Crown: … … Got one.
1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
“Cassidy Sheehy. Everyone calls me Cassie.”
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
“Does Cassie count? Ah’ve been called it since ah was a babe. Some folks in Garnet Hill call me ‘Red’, due to me hair.”
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
“Why do yeh want to know that? Ah’m short, skinny, pale skinned, and red haired. Folks like to mistake me for a woman but that’s a family trait ah’m afraid to say. Me Pa is far prettier than even ah.”
4. How do you dress most of the time? How do you “dress up?” How do you “dress down?” What do you wear when you go to sleep? Do you wear any jewelry?
“Buckskin or woven pants and a woven tunic. If ah leave me house ah wear a sash with some medicinal pouches and a cloak. Ah have a fine crafted tunic from me ma for joinings and weddings. If bitter cold ah might wear clothing to bed but most of me folk don’t bother with night clothes like other folks might.” He shifts, unsettled, before running his fingers over a carved oak pendant. “Ah don’t wear jewelry but this keepsake from me people. Ah own some, mostly for workings and the like but ah don’t wear them.”
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
“Oh, hm, me hair?”
10. What’s your real birth date?
I was born in the early spring right around first frost. March 8th by Gregorian calenders.
11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
In a cottage in the Great Forest. It’s full of herbs and collected things. The cottage itself is made out of stone and sod like most of the village.
12. Do you own a car? Describe it.
“A what? No. Ah have a great big white and pale brown horse named Gaelach.”
13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
“Me oak charm.” He presses one finger along the oak pendant on his neck. “It was a gift from me village.”
14. What one word best describes you?
1. What was your family like?
“Me family is large. We’re the originators of the village alongside the Stenger clan and the Blair clan. There’s a shower of savages running around related to the Sheehy name. We’re close and help each other out when we can.”
2. Who was your father, and what was he like?
“His name is Raghnall. He’s a very amicable.”
3. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
“Her name is Muireall, originally a Blair. She’s like the sun, warm and kind but with a fierce temper.”
4. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
“They’re still joined. They’re comfortable, worn and loved. Ma runs the house and keeps the lot of us in line.”
5. What were your siblings names? What were they like?
“Ah’ve nine brothers of which ah’m the youngest. Artair, Grannd, Eoin, Somerled, Findlay, Lucas, Iain, Niall, and Dughlas. Ah won’t bore yeh with them.”
6. What’s the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What’s the worst thing you’ve done to one of your siblings?
“Niall once set me clothing on fire. Artair and Brannon, a cousin of mine, had to push me in a river to put me out. Ma was pissed when Eoin told her. Ah wasn’t a rabble rouster but there were a host of times ah refused to help heal me brothers for getting me into trouble.”
7. When’s the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
“Ah saw them a few months ago, before me journey. Ah suspect they would all be still at our village.”
8. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?
“Ah live amongst me clan. Me ancestors came from the northern land and than back amongst the viking boats from Scotts-Alba. Ah am sure me ancestors come from there. The original Sheehy was said to be a faerie who took a many great grandmother as a wife. It’s said that’s why the Sheehy children ‘hair of fire, skin of moonbeams, fair of face, bright of heart, wild of soul’.”
1. What is your first memory?
“Playing with the family goat.”
2. What was your favorite toy?
“Ah still have the rag-doll bird me mother gave me as a babe.”
3. What was your favorite game?
“Hexing. Ah was never very good at placing hexes on me brothers and cousins beyond a case of rashes or a spout of bad luck but ah was very good at repelling them.”
4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
“None come to mind. Ah learned me healing from me granny.”
5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
“Brannon, me cousin and ah were separable for many a year. Eoin and ah read together and Somerled and ah explore together. Ah played the most with Iain, Niall, and Doughlas.”
6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
“When ah healed an injured bird to full health by meself.”
7. What is your worst childhood memory?
“Seeing cousin Duffie die from a boar mauling.”
1. How old were you when you went on your first date?
“Ah don’t understand the question. Ah was fourteen when ah had me first intimate encounter.”
2. It is common for one’s view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
“Leaders should be fair and just. Seeing the clans meeting affected me opinion quite a bit.”
3. What were you like in high school? What “clique” did you best fit in with?
“What? Is this some sort of Coastland school? Or university?”
4. What were your high school goals?
“Ah refuse to answer any more questions that I do not understand.”
5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?
“Me granny. She was a awe-inspiring healer.”
6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
7. What is your worst memory from adolescence?
1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from?
“Ah’m a healer. Ah very much enjoy it.”
2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
“Ah work for meself.”
3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don’t you get along with?
“Ah don’t work with anyone but ah get along well enough with Coastland doctors when they respect me skills.”
4. What is something you had to learn that you hated?
“Hunting. Ah never liked the act of killing.”
5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why?
“When ah receive money ah save some of it but spend a good portion of it on necessities for the village.”
Likes & Dislikes Questions
1. What hobbies do you have?
“Ah read, weave, and correspond with friends.”
2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
“Wally ‘Go Bold’ perhaps or Marlowe. Wally is very kind and Marlowe is admirable.”
3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don’t get along.
“Calvin. A handsome post rider. For being a liar and traitor.”
4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?
“Ah refuse to answer questions ah don’t understand.”
5. What tape or CD hasn’t left your player since your purchased it? Why?
“Ah refuse to answer questions ah don’t understand.”
6. What song is “your song?” Why?
“The Bright Oak. Ah like the melody and the words.”
7. What’s been your favorite movie of all time?
“Ah refuse to answer questions ah don’t understand.”
8. Read any good books? What were they?
“Ah recently read one on the classic archetypes of the elements ah found it interesting, if not on par with me own beliefs.”
9. What do you watch on the Television?
“Ah refuse to answer questions ah don’t understand.”
10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don’t you care?
“Ah have no concern on what happens in the East or the South.”
11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?
12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?
“Is there a difference between this and the last question?”
13. What annoys you more than anything else?
14. What would be the perfect gift for you?
15. What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
16. What time of day is your favorite?
17. What kind of weather is your favorite?
18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
“Rabbit stew. Snake meat.”
19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
20. What’s your favorite animal? Why?
“Ah like both horses and rabbits. Horses are such beautiful creatures and rabbits are so gentle and kind.”
21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
“Ah tend to rabbits, goats, sheep, horses, and dogs. The village even has some cats although cats aren’t the sort of creature that allows itself to be owned.”
22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
23. What habit that others have annoys you most?
24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
“Compliments. Ah have no control over me face and yet it receives the most compliments. Ah have no idea why.”
25. What don’t you like about yourself?
“Me feet are long and narrow.”
26. How would you like to look?
“As ah do now. Why would ah change?”
Sex & Intimacy Questions
1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
He sighs, his hands fluttering uselessly before he settles again and answers. “In me village most of us are descendants of the fae. We have learned that love will always be cruel and wondrous so the actual sex of the person in question doesn’t matter horribly. On canna help who they love. It is an uncontrollable magic. Even gods fall to its whispers. However, ah am attracted to men more than the women.”
2. Who was the first person you had sex with? When did it happen? What was it like? How well did it go?
“A member of a nomad band. Very handsome, a few years older. Ah believe ah was fourteen. It was awkward, fumbling, rushed, not as gentle as the act can be. He left with his family a few days afterwards. He is married now.”
3. Have you ever had a same-sex experience? Who with, what was it like, and how did it go?
“Have ah not detailed that above?”
4. What is your deepest, most well-hidden sexual fantasy? Would you ever try it?
“Ah, well, ah would rather not discuss it. Ah would attempt such if ah could.”
5. What was the wildest thing you’ve ever done, sexually? Who was it with and when did it happen?
“Having intimate relations in a river is far more awkward than most imagine. ah had to heal Calvin’s leg from the gashes the sharp stones left. This was, hm, about two years ago.”
6. Is there any sexual activity that you enjoy and/or practice regularly that can be considered non-standard? (Bondage, Fantasy Play, etc.) Why do you like it?
“Not that ah am aware of.”
7. Is there any sexual activity that you will not, under any circumstances, do?
“There are always rumors at taverns of interesting sexual, practices that I would not peruse. Animals, for example, should not be taken as lovers.”
8. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
“At the moment ah do not. Not really in any case.”
9. What is the perfect romantic date?
10. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
“Kind, gentle, determined to do what is best for his family. A man willing to accept me magic and healing without question. One who is devoted to children and his neighbors. And is generous in bed.”
11. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?
“Ah had thought to be joined already but it was not to be. Perhaps never but ah would like to marry a man d raise children, if not his than adopted from elsewhere.”
12. What is more important - sex or intimacy? Why?
“Intimacy. Sex can be cheap and full of lies. Intimacy is less so.”
13. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? (Does not need to be sexual, merely romantic.)
“Calvin and ah were together for five years. He was sweet, doting even when we were together.”
14. What’s the worst thing you’ve done to someone you loved?
“Ah cursed him.”
Drug & Alcohol Questions
1. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like? Did anything good come out of it? Did anything bad come out of it?
“When the water goes bad or is full of filth we all drink mead or ale. Ah suppose ah was very young the first time. Ah do not remember and dislike being drunk.”
2. Do you drink on any kind of regular basis?
3. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?
“Ah answered this, did ah not?”
4. Have you ever tried any other kind of “mood altering” substance? Which one(s)? What did you think of each?
“There are herbs me people use to speak with spirits. There are far too many to name and decide between.”
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
“They are things that exist and will be used whether a person should or not. Why question it now?”
1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
“Ah cursed a man ah love. Ah’m not proud of that. Ah am not sure if ah can ever heal enough people to wash that away. Ah think becoming a healer is me proudest moment.”
2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?
‘Ah am the youngest of nine brothers. Of course ah have.”
3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?
“Me brothers and ah have tumbled before over silly things. Ah always lost.”
4. What do you feel most strongly about?
5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
“Nothing at all. Why would ah?”
6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
“Determination. Not as often as one might imagine.”
7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or art (sex, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?
“Hatred of people. It is evident.”
8. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
“Jealousy and rage. Why do they disturb anyone? Because it is terrifying to know there is such darkness within yourself.”
9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
“We worship that sacred oak which is the corpse of me fae ancestor.”
10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
“Ah think it is there. That is enough.”
11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
“Ah cannot heal someone who does not want to be saved. Knowing what can kill yeh makes me role much easier.”
12. What’s the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
“Destroy everything they treasure and love.”
13. What’s the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
“Curse them. Me family calls me soft. Perhaps they are right.”
14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
“Ah am not one for the battlefield. Ah am not one to lead. But ah am not one to follow blindly. Ah help people. Ah heal them. That is me goal, nothing more.”
15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
“To help people, as ah have said.”
16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
He whispers, “Ah hope so.”
17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
“Why would it not be OK to cry? Ah believed ah sobbed quite heartily just last week.”
18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?
“People are greedy. Ah am as well.”
Post-Supernatural Awareness Questions
1. When did you go through whatever made you supernatural? What was it like (in your opinion)?
“Everyone can perform magic. Me family and village have always done so.”
2. What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool, or have you been screwed?
“It is a way of life.”
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
“Me granny taught me healing. Ah learned a little something from everyone at the village though.”
4. Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
“Ah have spells on most of me possessions.”
5. What do you think of the other denizens of the World of Darkness? Why for each? (If you haven’t met something, do you think it exists, and if it does, is that bad or good?)
“Ah have no idea what this even means.”
6. Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. What was it?
“When ah healed a rabbit and bird at the same time.”
7. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that’s scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
“Not being able to heal me family and friends is as terrible as ah can imagine. Ah canna imagine worst for me.”
2. Has anyone or anything you’ve ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
“Yes, many. Ah felt terrible and sad, of course.”
3. What was the worst injury you’ve ever received? How did it happen?
“Ah broke an arm once running from a great ape man.”
4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
“Somewhat. Me knees are most sensitive.”
5. What is your current long term goal?
6. What is your current short term goal?
7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
“Ah will try and stand up for meself more. To not let meself be taken advantage of.”
8. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
“Ah would be a doctor. Ah would try to heal as many as ah could.”
9. What time period do you wish you had lived in? Why? (Looking at this as an attempt to change history doesn’t count.) What appeals to you about this era?
“Ah am satisfied with the time although ah would love to meet me fae ancestor.”
10. How private of a person are you? Why?
“Not very for most things, some things are incredibly personal.”
11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?
“Help me village.”
12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?
“Ah would not trifle with such creatures. Nothing good comes from them.”
13. What do you do when you are bored?
“Read, sew, knit, weave.”
14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
“Ah am unsure if it is possible but the loss of me healing capabilities. How can ah lose something so vital to meself?”