“A sane prophet is impotent.
A beautiful lie is willfully believed.
Blasphemies keep the blood flowing.”
Some shit I disagree with:
“It doesn’t matter if you’ve bonded yourself to a deity, do what u want cuz it’s your life.”
One caveat, it depends on the bond, but let’s argue extreme context of the word “devotion”. You no longer own your life. You have devoted yourself, your life your Being to a deity. You no longer get to say “no” and still call yourself a devotee. And in some cases, deities will take what was promised (ie your life) because fuck you that’s the constraints of the devotion.
Don’t like it, don’t bond yourself. I’d disrespect any deity that doesn’t take what was freely given and promised from an twit who got too deep and didn’t realize the severity of their agreement. Oops. Did I just say I’m okay with a deity taking a piece out of my ass or yours if I or you fucked up. Yup. You heard that right.
“All love spells are bad because they are consent removers (rape spells).”
No. Rape spells are rape spells. Love spells are not rape spells. One can increase love to themselves or ask that love find its way into their life/encourage it without removing consent. People have written consent into spells before.
“Fluffy is a slur and it is elitist and mean.”
Yeah, no. I use fluffy as the equivalent of willfully ignorant person who doesn’t give a fuck about anyone else. It is a pejorative term, it is an insult. It is like n00b vs newbie.
Don’t want to be called fluffy, don’t fucking fit the criteria.
Why is it that people are willing to spend $20 on a bowl of pasta with sauce that they might actually be able to replicate pretty faithfully at home, yet they balk at the notion of a white-table cloth Thai restaurant, or a tacos that cost more than $3 each? Even in a city as “cosmopolitan” as New York, restaurant openings like Tamarind Tribeca (Indian) and Lotus of Siam (Thai) always seem to elicit this knee-jerk reaction from some diners who have decided that certain countries produce food that belongs in the “cheap eats” category—and it’s not allowed out. (Side note: How often do magazine lists of “cheap eats” double as rundowns of outer-borough ethnic foods?)
Yelp, Chowhound, and other restaurant sites are littered with comments like, “$5 for dumplings?? I’ll go to Flushing, thanks!” or “When I was backpacking in India this dish cost like five cents, only an idiot would pay that much!” Yet you never see complaints about the prices at Western restaurants framed in these terms, because it’s ingrained in people’s heads that these foods are somehow “worth” more. If we’re talking foie gras or chateaubriand, fair enough. But be real: You know damn well that rigatoni sorrentino is no more expensive to produce than a plate of duck laab, so to decry a pricey version as a ripoff is disingenuous. This question of perceived value is becoming increasingly troublesome as more non-native (read: white) chefs take on “ethnic” cuisines, and suddenly it’s okay to charge $14 for shu mai because hey, the chef is ELEVATING the cuisine."
One of the entries from the list ‘20 Things Everyone Thinks About the Food World (But Nobody Will Say)’.
Real. As. Fuck.
And real talk, I wish there was a Clueless Whitebread Muhfuckas filter on Yelp, because they stay talking stupid shit about places around my way. I’m sorry my local supermarket doesn’t look like Whole Foods, you spoiled assholes; if you want a highbrow experience, take your ass to Citarella, and go fuck yourself on the way there.
Also, these nightly battles have been a part of the world for a long fucking time. Like forever. Pretty much every culture has a name for someone who fights these battles. They are usually esteemed and respected.
When they don’t want to tell you how to croos the hedge/water/astral they’re thinking SAFETY not snootiness.
There are some that would cross all willy nilly without defenses and that could be DANGEROUS.
Try not to romantisize the astral and think it’ll be sunshine and rainbows. Many things that will try to harm you are there.
Take it from someone who was vulnerable on the PHYSICAL by something from the astral.
If you’re not prepared for the trip, its best you not go.
I was off tumblr for a long time, and a lot of that had to do with tumblr itself. I returned for the camaraderie and friends I had made here but I realize that some things are still making the rounds.
Since this has been done before and the commentary had time and again - and often resulted in those of us that aren’t all love and light being painted as caustic assholes because we don’t suffer fools lightly - what I wanted to talk about was something I don’t understand.
When did the idea of community (within paganism or otherwise) come to mean acceptance at all costs, even when it means ignoring misinformation, ‘isms, and discrimination? Is this really what people want in their community?
Maybe it’s just me but that isn’t community to me. That’s being afraid to speak up for what you believe in. That’s shaming a person for expecting intelligent discourse and sharing information because “cooperation at all costs” is more important than the truth and education.
I don’t want to be “accepted by community” when that same community is telling me what I should be, what I shouldn’t do, and that my beliefs and practices aren’t acceptable because they buck up against the generally accepted belief.
If this so called community is at the insistence that we all follow some rule about harm none, or exclude those that belief in a deity we don’t, or that it’s about a single sect and their beliefs being enforced on the whole, then I really don’t want anything to do with it.
That isn’t community. That is indoctrination. It’s nothing more than many have already endured with mainstream religion. Slapping another name on it doesn’t change what it is.
I follow the path that’s right for me. I am surrounded by those from many other paths, not only those that mirror my own. I would rather a small group of people who accept differences and embrace education than to change who and what I am to be part of a larger group without either of those things.
And some little tidbits that are annoying me.
First, why does everyone automatically assume that the pentacle or the pentagram are “pagan” or “witchcraft” symbols only? Perhaps it’s because you’ve been fed that bullshit for quite a long time, and have decided to ignore all counters to this point. In fact, there is one post that purposefully gets reblogged every single time it comes across my dash about the nature in which and how many other practices [and secular geometric mathy shit] including Christianity [5 Wounds of Christ] that the pentacle/pentagram exist within.
See here’s the problem here with trying to “claim” that the pentagram or the pentacle are only witchcraft or pagan symbols, the problem is
….that since both witchcraft and paganism are large conglomerate groups of different practices, it’s harder to specifically say that any one symbol is any more important than anyone else. I could say that Thor’s Hammer [“A” kind of Pagan symbol] is the symbol for all paganism/witchcraft and be pissy whenever someone even ATTEMPTS to say it’s not. For example, I could say the Om Symbol is Pagan and Witchcrafty and therefore can never be used by the original practices that used it [*silently judging everyone who uses the Om Symbol anyway*]. Or I could make up a new symbol like a squiggly 3 can call it the ultimate witchcraft and pagan symbol and anyone who uses 3 or anything that looks LIKE a three, I’ll start whining and bring up the Burning Tymes and how our public relations don’t need no fashion expert in them and all this other bullshit.
Arbitrarily picking one symbol [which, I won’t mention … how I feel about it being a geometric figure] and calling it “witchcraft/pagan only” is wrong. Don’t fucking speak for me.
My practice doesn’t have a symbol that my vulva get super irritated about people using in their fashion statements.
Second, the cry that this is “cultural” appropriation and stealing of your culture. And completely being like, “OH WELL WE THOUGHT YOU’D BE ON THE BANDWAGON BECAUSE YOU’RE SOOOOO AGAINST IT, SO Y U NO DO AS I EXPECT?!?!?!??!?!?”
Ahem: Witchcraft is not a “culture” as in an overarching “culture” [in general], I do not socialize with all of you for a reason. I am not always the same age as you. And to be sure, I am not ethnically related to much of the different branches of Witchcraft and thus have no access to that section of witchcraft. Likewise the same for Paganism.
Running around screaming that witchcraft or paganism are both mega-groups with one hive mind is both insensitive, homogenizing, and borderline white-washing [especially since those of us who fight against cultural appropriation within paganism and witchcraft are specifically targeting people who take from ethnic or cultural PoC groups]. It’s … well.. cultural appropriation to do so because you’re forcing groups to assimilate to your perspective without considering theirs. A lot of PoC ethnic (pagan - not labeling all of them, just those that are pagan [think about that]) practices don’t give a flying fuck about the Pentacle or the Pentagram. And now you’re over here crying appropriation and shit because it’s on a shirt, and they’re over here looking at you wearing a fucking headdress and shaking a rattle, writing books with Totem as part of it’s title and going, wtf douchnozzle?
If you’re too blind to see the difference between calling the use of a symbol which is NOT universally witchcraft/pagan [or pagan/witchcraft solely] cultural appropriation, and what cultural appropriation actually is, then you need to go back and sit down at the kiddie table. The adults are speaking.
Don’t use the PoCs problems, trials and tribulations, causally in order to mock them [cause that’s what you’re doing], and to justify your own sense of “victimhood.” It’s a fucking shirt in Hot Topic. Some of them can’t even wear their own fucking clothing and if they were to do so, genocide or abuse will follow. You think I’m joking? Fucking LOOK IT THE FUCK UP. GENOCIDE FUCKING HAPPENS FOR WEARING CULTURALLY OR ETHNIC CLOTHING BECAUSE IT’S AN IDENTIFIER OF YOU AS BEING PART OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NOT PART OF THE OTHER PARTY. IT’S A SYMBOLISM TO MAKE PEOPLE LESS THAN HUMAN AND MORE CAPABLE FOR KILLING AND YOUR BUSY TRYING TO PRETEND THIS IS THE SAME FUCKING SHIT BECAUSE SOMEONE CAN BUY AN OVER PRICED SHIRT?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Get the fuck over it.
Thirdly, oh and for you dumb asses, being like: “Well wouldn’t you want the symbol to not be used so you don’t have any more work up to try to educate people.” You are giving me MORE WORK than someone WEARING A GEOMETRIC FIGURE EVER WILL. Why? LOOK AT THE REST OF THIS FUCKING POST. GET A FUCKING CLUE.
Sometimes people like stars because they like stars and not because it’s a pagan/witchcraft symbol and you associating yourself with it, and crying about it, and whining, and doing all this above shit actually may cause them to be misinformed.
If you’re trying to tell me Imma have less work if I let ya’ll run around screaming about your self-righteous sense of entitlement, you will never fucking fool my ass. Unlike what you think of me, I am not an idiot. I know the different between someone trying to make it sound like they are doing me a fucking favor and then someone actually doing me a fucking favor.
Not that ya’ll were specifying me, specifically. But hey, let me get on that bandwagon.
Please walk yourself down to the “victimhood” shucker station.
did you ever realize that you could just get up right now and start walking somewhere far far away and never come home again
I’ve had this thought waaaaay more than I probably should
You are beautiful like demolition. Just the thought of you draws my knuckles white. I don’t need a god. I have you and your beautiful mouth, your hands holding onto me, the nails leaving unfelt wounds, your hot breath on my neck. The taste of your saliva. The darkness is ours. The nights belong to us.
Everything we do is secret. Nothing we do will ever be understood; we will be feared and kept well away from. It will be the stuff of legend, endless discussion and limitless inspiration for the brave of heart. It’s you and me in this room, on this floor. Beyond life, beyond morality. We are gleaming animals painted in moonlit sweat glow. Our eyes turn to jewels and everything we do is an example of spontaneous perfection.
I have been waiting all my life to be with you. My heart slams against my ribs when I think of the slaughtered nights I spent all over the world waiting to feel your touch. The time I annihilated while I waited like a man doing a life sentence. Now you’re here and everything we touch explodes, bursts into bloom or burns to ash. History atomizes and negates itself with our every shared breath. I need you like life needs life. I want you bad like a natural disaster. You are all I see. You are the only one I want to know."
If you’re a girl and you hit, punch, or physically harm your boyfriend in any way it’s still considered abuse and you’re equally as much of a piece of shit as any guy that hits his girlfriend. Seriously the amount of girls that disagree with this is ridiculous, and they’re all fucking stupid. Sorry not sorry.
In other news, having a running joke with your totally-non-abused boyfriend about being abusive is… creepy, but a lot less creepy if you keep it in private. When you start making these jokes in front of people, it gets fucked up.
Or worse, if I literally did fall down the stairs and sprain my ankle because I have dropfoot and lost my fucking balance.
Please stop saying (years and months and years later) that le Fiance pushed me down the stairs in an attempt to kill me, jokingly.
Or worse than that, if you see me run into things and I say “Fuck Imma have a giant bruise there”, and turn around when I have a giant bruise there, don’t fucking ask me if Le Fiance is beating me, jokingly.
Sincerely, Someone who bruises at a touch and who has a nerve disorder which occasionally makes me fall.
i get so mad when people accuse me of ‘sitting on the computer and being antisocial’ like you dont understand i actually turn into a fucking social butterfly every time i open my laptop but whatever
- Psychics do NOT cast spells. If you find someone claiming to be a psychic AND a spellcaster – they are a sham.
- Real psychics are extremely rare. Take anyone claiming to have psychic abilities with a grain of salt.
- Tarot reading is NOT the same as psychic abilities. That is an “art” and “craft” as opposed to innate “ability”.
- A real witch does not hide information from her clients. You can find her real name. You can find her address.
- A real witch has many photos of herself, her altars, witchy things, her life in general. If you go to a website where there are no REAL photos (and not just one photo of a person that is probably a stock photo or stolen from somewhere) of the witch, this is not a site or person to be trusted.
- A real witch knows that there are no guarantees and thus will not offer them. Spells are not science. There are too many variables.
- A real witch does not offer spells to change hair color, eye color, make you taller, bigger body parts etc. Science takes care of these things, spells do not.
- A real witch cannot turn you into a vampire, mermaid, werewolf or other mystical mythological creature. OR from a boy into a girl.
- A real witch knows magick takes time, they will not offer you instant or fast-acting spells.
- A real witch will work alone, it is rare for a coven or group of witches to get involved casting spells. In fact that would just not happen in an online spellcasting situation. It would be too difficult to coordinate.
- A real witch will handle ALL the communication with you from start to finish.
- A real witch will be Paypal verified. There are some scam operations that are also verified so beware that they meet all other conditions.
- A real witch will have a “presence” on the Internet – a long running blog, Twitter, Facebook – and not just phony accounts, where there is no activity. My clients are my Facebook friends. My blog has been online for years. I am always able to be accessed by my clients through email, Facebook, Twitter and my blog.
1. Psychics can do whatever the hell they want, including casting spells. That doesn’t make them any less psychic nor does that make them a scam or scam artists. Some psychics aren’t even looking to go into business for you nor ask money from you because they literally could not give a flying fuck about you and your need for a peek into the future. Some psychics have their own fucking lives to deal with. Some psychics don’t have useful psychic talents, period. Some psychics will crush your nuts so quick you’d think they had telekinesis.
2. Take anyone who claims anything with a grain of salt, even if you know that person. Even if that person is your family member.
3. Some people who do tarot readings do it for fun as well. Not just for an art or a craft aspect.
4. A real witch is not what you get to decide, chickadee. Sometimes it’s dangerous to actually reveal some of that information. In fact, your name can be used against you in spell work. In fact, having your address (as in your home address) can use against you in spellwork. Don’t play that fucking game that you need to know every end all and what side the toilet they shit on every morning in order to know if they is a “real” witch. It don’t work like that, Honey Boo Boo.
5. Same with the photo thing. Having pictures of yourself, your altar, your shit in general can be used in sympathetic magic. Shaming someone so you can get access to their information and personal pictures is more suspicious that people who don’t post jack shit. You know why? The first thing that come to my mind as soon as someone demands a picture of me is “Why they need a picture for? What are they going to use it for?” As I’ve always said to people, if you have the balls to see me in fucking person, just let me know. I’ll arrange shit in a public area with friends of mine involved as well. I’m not spending time hassling my life over someone trying to shame my ass into giving them more than they fucking need to classify my ass as ‘real.’
Shoot. You think I must be a dummy, don’t you? No, please, Honey Boo Boo. Also, you stole that image up on the top of your page right there in this post. I’ve seen that floating around like whoa. Don’t even hypocrite.
6. A real witch will do whatever the fuck they want to. If they want to give a guarantee of service, then they will fucking give one. And maybe, they can. Ever think of it like that?
7. Whoa now, you can just back the fuck up right here and now. A spell will do what a spell is gonna do. And yes, some spells are bust, but it takes experimentation not just outright denial to check to see if a spell actually can or can’t do that. Have you performed every hair changing spell out there? No? Then you can’t give that guarantee that this spell Imma perform with this bleach in it won’t turn my head a nasty color of yellow, now can ya?
8. Again with the funny shit spell shaming. Until I perform every spell on the planet, then I can make such fucking claims. Maybe the Invisible Pink Unicorn will come down and touch my ass and make me into a boy. MAYBE some weird shift of fate will cause my legs to fuse together and my feet to become basically a flipper and I’ll have to code from my bathtub.
You ever think about it like that?
9. Homfg, I’m done with this spell shaming shit. Some spells are meant to be instantaneous. Some spells are not. It depends.
10. A witch will work however the fuck they want to work. Fuck this shit.
11. A witch will handle their business as they fucking see fit. Some people put up other people to deal with people who want bullshit requests or are trolling. That is part of the deal. They also may have people who order requests. I don’t know, I’m just providing some ideas on why someone might not want to talk with you directly. They have fucking lives.
12.Paypal is a fucking giant scam too if you really think about it. Especially with how they handle certain charity and donations and shit. Don’t make me bring up regretsy’s incident up in this motherfucker. I will.
13. A witch will have any kind of presence they fucking want to have. Even if it’s a brand new fucking account. That doesn’t make them any less of a witch, it just makes them new to the fucking internet or new to putting things about their practice on the internet. Your fucking fail logic is ridiculous, adorable, and quite frankly, exactly why people ask stupid questions to other people who are in business dealing with customers.
Reblogged for a Grade A smackdown. Hey OP, you want some aloe for that massive BURN?
Oh but Sec is a delight. Thank you for that response.
Reading through the Pagan tag, I see a lot of people saying a God/Goddess/Deity etc. called to them and then the person started to research them or I don’t know eventually started to communicate with God/Goddess/Deity. I’m not feeling any one calling to me but I feel a strong attraction to Hecate. Like I think about her a lot and I keep wanting to read more and more about her. Would that be the same thing as getting called to her?
I hope someone could answer this or give me their opinion on it pretty please.
Short: no, it’s not the same.
Long: no, it’s not exactly the same, though some people would say that your attraction is a sign that she is calling you. You don’t have to be called to a deity or pantheon to worship them (except in specific cases, which usually involve closed systems, and then it gets more complicated than I can address). Keeping reading about her, learn more, read all you can, and if you want to, worship her (in a way that pleases her and is comfortable for you). It’s perfectly fine (and normal, and way more common) to have an interest in a deity, deities, or pantheon and learn about them and then worship them because you like them. Not everyone will be (and certainly no one needs to be!) called by a god/dess.